Home Adaptation is “Ageing in Place”, “Inclusive Living spaces ” and “Accessibility ” which have become common phrases used in the media to describe the need for adapt the home environment for safe living for all. LDOT Home Adaptation Services provides a service that listens to your or your loved one’s goals, assesses your specific functional issues (eg. Poor balance, poor vision, early dementia) and outlines a list of options to adapt your home. We can help with a design brief to ensure that your contractor knows what is needed and why. It ensured that you have the information not to be “upsold” to renovations that may not be needed or may not suit.
- Suggest no hassle solutions – for yourself or your family members
- A team of experienced Occupational Therapists
- Maintain a list of vetted Contractors
- Follow-up until post adaptation assessment
- Can suggest funding source contacts
- Refer OT treatment as necessary to maintain level of independence
- Refer other services such as PSW, home based physio and speech language pathology, making treatment seamless and efficient.